APPLICATION FOR ENTRY FOR STUDY
1. Application via Chinese Embassy is not applicable for students pursuing part-time, elective or short-term programmes, and
students from Taiwan or other specified countries.
2. If you are currently in HK, upon completion of the online visa application, you will receive a set of supporting documents from our
office. You should then submit the full set of visa application documents to the Immigration Department (7/F Immigration Tower)
directly for their approval assessment. ImmD will contact you directly upon the visa approval.
3. For any documents which are not in Chinese or English, a certified translation in Chinese or English is required.
4. The completed ID995A form, together with the full set of application documents should be sent to the Admissions Office (G14, G/F,
Main Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong) by courier/registered mail.
5. If you are a Mainland citizen, you should apply here or contact here.
6. Please click here to access the application timeline. You may also click Here for more information on the visa
application procedures and frequently asked questions.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
A completed ID 995A form - Download Form - Sample Form
A copy of your complete set of offer of admission
A copy of your passport
A copy of your Macao identity card
A copy of your Visit Permit for the Residents of Macao SAR to Hong Kong SAR (澳門居民往來香港特別行政區旅遊證)
A copy of your CV or resume
Copies of financial proofs (to demonstrate that you have adequate means to finance your stay in HK) (e.g. latest bank statements in English / Chinese, award letter(s) of financial aid or scholarship, etc.)
Additional documents required:
[For applicants under age of 18]
A signed form of nomination of guardian with a copy of parent's passport (and guardian's HKID copy, if any) (one of your parents should authorize a relative / friend in Hong Kong or the University to be your guardian)
[For applicants pursuing part-time study]
A signed study and travel plan
A class timetable
Click below to access the Online Student Visa Application System:
Admissions Office will not be responsible for any delay/cancellation/rejection in your student visa application.
The visa fees paid are non-refundable under all circumstances.
All content in the website may be updated at any time without prior notice.
For enquiries, please click here.