Mainland Chinese students



  1. Non-local students should apply for replacement of visa/entry permit if the existing one is lost or damaged.

  2. Mainland students in case of lost Exit-entry permit (EEP) and visa/entry permit label in an area outside Hong Kong, are required to first replace the EEP in the Mainland at the Public Security Bureau where your household registration is kept. At the same time, you are advised to apply for a tourist visa (旅遊簽證) to enter Hong Kong for processing the rest of the replacement formalities.

  3. If you have already entered/is staying in Hong Kong, you should first report to the Hong Kong Police and obtain a loss report memo, then proceed to Admissions and Academic Liaison Section (AAL)  to collect the supporting letter, and finally go to the Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section of Immigration Department (ImmD) to complete the replacement process.

  4. Under normal circumstances, the supporting letter is ready for collection within 3 working days (excluding the day you submitted an application) upon receipt of the complete set of documents through the online application system.

  5. You should also go to the China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Limited, with the new visa/entry permit label issued by ImmD, to replace the relevant exit endorsement where necessary. 

  1. Application for Replacement of Visa/Entry Permit (Download Here);

  2. Faculty/Department Confirmation Sheet on Student Status – For Replacement of Visa/Permit (Download Here);

    • Applicant has to approach the Faculty Office of his/her study programme to confirm the study status, and request the designated officer from the Faculty to sign on the prescribed form.

  3. A photocopy of reported loss memo;

    • No matter where you lose your visa/entry permit label, in Hong Kong or overseas, you should obtain a reported loss memo from the Hong Kong Police / relevant institutions if you lose your visa/entry permit label overseas (with English translation where applicable);

  4. A photocopy of the Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID);

  5. A photocopy of the  HKU Student Card (UID);

  6. A photocopy of (1) the ‘Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao’ (EEP)【因私《往来港澳通行证》】, (2) the Visa/Entry permit label and (3) the latest landing slip.

    • The photocopy of the EEP (card version) must include the front and rear side;

    • Latest landing slip is issued by the ImmD stating that you are permitted to stay in HK as a student until DD/MM/YYYY

*If the applicant fails to provide the photocopy of HKID/UID/EEP due to first-time application or damage or loss of the documents, he/she should provide a Declaration of Missing Document (Download Here).

After collecting the supporting letter from AAL, the applicant should submit in person the supporting letter, along with all other application documents to ImmD at “Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section, Immigration Department, 6/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong”. An applicant is advised to make an appointment through the Appointment Booking Services to submit the application to ImmD in order to save time.

Click below to access the Online Student Visa Application System:
  1. AAL will not be responsible for financial and any other loss arise from application failure or delay due to incorrect information or documents provided by the applicant.

  2. All content in the website may be updated at any time without prior notice.

For enquiries, please click here.