Overseas students




  1. Non-local students should apply for replacement of visa/entry permit if the exiting one is lost or damaged.

  2. Students must report to the Hong Kong Police and obtain a loss report memorandum before applying to Admissions and Academic Liaison Section (AAL) for a supporting letter. Under normal circumstances, the supporting letter should be ready for collection within 3 working days (excluding the day you submitted an application) upon receipt of the complete set of documents through the online application system.

  3. If you have lost your passport, you also must report to your consulate in Hong Kong and apply for a new passport.

  4. After receiving your new passport, you will visit the Extension Section of the Immigration Department and apply for replacement of your student visa label with issuance fee incurred.

  1. A photocopy of your travel document with latest HKSAR visa label/entry permit and landing slip

  2. A photocopy of loss property report memo from the Hong Kong Police - Sample Form

  3. *A photocopy of your new passport/travel document

  4. *A photocopy of your Hong Kong Identity Card (if any)

  5. *A photocopy of your HKU Student Card (if any)

  6. *A photocopy of your offer of admission letter issued by HKU (if any)

  7. *A completed application form (ID405) and application fee; - Download form

*to be submitted directly to the ImmD

  1. ImmD FAQs on Immigration Policy on Study

  2. ImmD Address and Operation hours

  3. HK Police e-Report Centre

  4. China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Limited

Click below to access the Online Student Visa Application System:
  1. AAL will not be responsible for financial and any other loss arise from application failure or delay due to incorrect information or documents provided by the applicant.

  2. All content in the website may be updated at any time without prior notice.

For enquiries, please click here.